Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Conan Kelly

Default How can I make a range "dynamic"?

Hello all,

I have a range of cells that I need to reference. This range always
starts at B23 and goes to B??? (the last row will be different each
time we open the file and load data). What I want to be able to do is
enter the number of the last row of this range in B1 and then
reference from that cell. Let's say this time I'm using the file, the
last row will be 987, so my range I need to reference will need to be
B23:B987. I want to enter 987 in B1 and then something like:

=SUM(B23:B(& the value in B1))

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Conan Kelly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ken Wright

Anything wrong with using =SUM(B:B)

Failing that, do you have any gaps at all in the data from B23 to B?? and
is there any data in column B below B??

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Conan Kelly" <CTBarbarin at msn dot com wrote in message
Hello all,

I have a range of cells that I need to reference. This range always
starts at B23 and goes to B??? (the last row will be different each time
we open the file and load data). What I want to be able to do is enter
the number of the last row of this range in B1 and then reference from
that cell. Let's say this time I'm using the file, the last row will be
987, so my range I need to reference will need to be B23:B987. I want to
enter 987 in B1 and then something like:

=SUM(B23:B(& the value in B1))

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Conan Kelly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Aladin Akyurek

B1:

=MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,B23:B65536)

=SUM(B23:OFFSET(B23,B1-1,0))

Conan Kelly wrote:
Hello all,

I have a range of cells that I need to reference. This range always
starts at B23 and goes to B??? (the last row will be different each
time we open the file and load data). What I want to be able to do is
enter the number of the last row of this range in B1 and then
reference from that cell. Let's say this time I'm using the file, the
last row will be 987, so my range I need to reference will need to be
B23:B987. I want to enter 987 in B1 and then something like:

=SUM(B23:B(& the value in B1))

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Conan Kelly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Another option:

=SUM(B23:INDEX(B23:B65536,B1))

Or, eliminate the use of the formula in B1:

=SUM(B23:INDEX(B23:B65536,MATCH(9.9999999999999E+3 07,B23:B65536)))

Biff

Conan Kelly wrote:
Hello all,

I have a range of cells that I need to reference. This range always
starts at B23 and goes to B??? (the last row will be different each time
we open the file and load data). What I want to be able to do is enter
the number of the last row of this range in B1 and then reference from
that cell. Let's say this time I'm using the file, the last row will be
987, so my range I need to reference will need to be B23:B987. I want to
enter 987 in B1 and then something like:

=SUM(B23:B(& the value in B1))

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Conan Kelly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Another option
Don't worry about using B1 and
=Sum(B:B)-Sum(B1:B22)

It elimnates the '9.9999999999999E+307' that I know Biff likes so much
<bg

Cheers RES