Leedawg

Default How to make excel not round real numbers when making a histogram?

When making a data histogram and say you have a range of numbers to be
plotted such as 10.5,10.6,10.5,10 etc. and you define a bin range of
10,11,12,13 excel will take your real number valuse of 10.5,10.6etc and round
them all to the nearst whole number and plot them under that range. This
really messes up your histogram. Is there a way to make excel simply plot the
real numbers in their respective ranges so in the example I gave how do you
make the numbers all end up in the 10-11 range as they should. This is a
really annoying problem I assume you could simply manual round all your
values to the whole value numbers that you want them to appear as but you
shouldent have to do this excel should be smart enough to plot these numbers
in the appropriate ranges and not round the values to whole numbers. THanks
for the input
bj

histograms in EXCEL put the numbers into the lowest cell where the limit is
greaterthan or equal to the number.
in your example you should get 1 at 10 and 3 at 11.

This is standard for all spreadsheet and statistical programs I know of.