paris3

Default How to dynamically reference a dynamic named range

I did a search, but came up empty.

Assume I have a dynamic named range called "RANGE" that starts at A1.
As I add to A2, A3, the named range increases. That's the easy part.

Now I want to have cells elsewhere on the sheet refer to the contents
of the named range.

Say I want to have L1 display A1, L2 display A2, etc. In effect, I
want the L column to mirror A. How can I get this to happen
dynamically, so that if I have three items in RANGE, then the new cell
range is three cells tall, etc.... and if I add to column A, it
automatically is reflected in column L.

I suspect I have to use OFFSET with the named range, but I'm lost as to
how to apply that logic.

Thanks in advance.

--
paris3
paris3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3542

JMB

right click on your tab, select view code and paste this into the module.
replace "NamedRange" with whatever your range name is.

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("NamedRange")) Is Nothing Then _
Range("NamedRange").Copy Range("L1")

End Sub

"paris3" wrote:

[...]

paris3

Thanks.. but... (and I don't mean to be an ingrate)...

The solution has to be code-free, relying only on formulas. This is a
for a variety of reasons.

--
paris3
paris3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3542
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=381412

Domenic

Try...

L1, copied down:

=IF(ROWS($L$1:L1)<=COUNTA(RANGE),INDEX(RANGE,ROWS( $L$1:L1)),"")

Hope this helps!

Domenic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10785
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=381412