Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Proctor

Default Australian currency question...

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, I tried searching but
could not find an answer.

Also, apologies if this is the wrong group, it seemed like the most
appropriate.

BACKGROUND

Australia has abolished the use of 1¢ and 2¢ coins, but retains
products priced to use these amounts - the total amount to be paid is
rounded up or down at the end.

As an example, an item can be priced at $2.99, which if purchased
singly would cost me $3.00. Purchasing two would be $5.98, which would
be rounded up to $6.00. Purchasing three would be $8.97, which would
be rounded DOWN to $8.95.

I need a function that would allow me to enter amounts for individual
items as they are priced, but which when totalled will apply the
currency rules (as this will be paid in cash).

So, for example, I enter amounts of (as an example) 3.42, 6.48, 5.47,
9.29 and 10.11 which would calculate the result as 34.77, but would
display it as 34.75 (since it is rounded down). The individual amounts
would not be rounded, but would stay as they are, only the total
amount would be rounded - although the actual result itself would not
be rounded, only what is displayed.

Have I made this as clear as mud? :D

Any help would be appreciated.
=====================

Dave

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Try this:
If your total is in Cell A10, then
B10: =ROUND(A10/0.05,0)*0.05

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

"Dave Proctor" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Proctor

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 18:27:09 -0000, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:

=ROUND(SUM(A1:A5)*20,0)/20

Thanks.