Maxy

Default Incorrect Currency Displayed

When exporting data from a VB application to an Excel spreadsheet I am
finding that the wrong currency symbol is displayed.

OS used is XP. The XP regional settings and language are set for UK.

When the data is exported the display for the currency data on the
spreadsheet is a $ rather than £.

When I try to format the cells in excel to set the currency symbol the
dialog box displayed shows that the currency symbol for the cells is £ but no
matter what I do when I close the dialog box the currency symbol on the
spreadsheet is still a $ symbol.

HELP!

Thanks,
Maxy