Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harvey Gersin

Default Function Help Needed

Hope someone can help me with the proper function in MS Excel (2002) to do the following.

If a number in a cell is between 50000 and 64999, that number is to be multiplied by .05 (5%). If lower or higher than this range, the result should be zero.

For example, if the sum in the cell is $57,600, the result shown in another cell should show that number times 5%.

Please help if you know the correct formula to do this. Thanks so much.

--
___________________
Harvey Gersin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rowan Drummond

If your number is in B1 try:
=IF(AND(B1=50000,B1<=649990),B1*0.05,0)

Hope this helps
Rowan

Harvey Gersin wrote:
Hope someone can help me with the proper function in MS Excel (2002) to
do the following.

If a number in a cell is between 50000 and 64999, that number is to be
multiplied by .05 (5%). If lower or higher than this range, the result
should be zero.

For example, if the sum in the cell is $57,600, the result shown in
another cell should show that number times 5%.

Please help if you know the correct formula to do this. Thanks so much.

--
___________________
Harvey Gersin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
James McDowell

=if(or(a1=50000,a1<=64999),a1*.05,0)

Assuming a1 is the cell you want to evaluate.

"Harvey Gersin" wrote:

Hope someone can help me with the proper function in MS Excel (2002) to do the following.

If a number in a cell is between 50000 and 64999, that number is to be multiplied by .05 (5%). If lower or higher than this range, the result should be zero.

For example, if the sum in the cell is $57,600, the result shown in another cell should show that number times 5%.

Please help if you know the correct formula to do this. Thanks so much.

--
___________________
Harvey Gersin
hgersin@comcast

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

Hi Harvey,

=IF(AND(A150000,A1<65000),A1*5%,0)

make sure you have your limits and operators (<,<=, , =, etc) right

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten