xrayr

Default DAverage Function help needed

I have a spreadsheet with columns of data on sheet 1. I would like to have
the average of column "U" determined ONLY when the corresponding data in
Column "C" equals a certain value (date value shown as: "2005/01/01")

I would like this average shown on another sheet that I have termed "Summary".

I cannot get this to work.

Somebody please help!
Duke Carey

How does it not work? Are you getting the wrong answer or an error? If an
error, what kind of error?
Are the dates entered as dates but formatted as you've shown, or are they
text? How are you specifying the criteria for the date?

"xrayr" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with columns of data on sheet 1. I would like to have
the average of column "U" determined ONLY when the corresponding data in
Column "C" equals a certain value (date value shown as: "2005/01/01")

I would like this average shown on another sheet that I have termed "Summary".

I cannot get this to work.

Somebody please help!

xrayr

Hi Duke.

I'm receiving a #VALUE! error.

The dates are formatted as "2005/01/01" as that is the format that the
system generates.

This is one of the formulas that I have tried:
=DAVERAGE(Sheet1!U2:U465,,"IF+Sheet1!C2:C465='2005/01/01'")

Thank you for your help!

"xrayr" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with columns of data on sheet 1. I would like to have
the average of column "U" determined ONLY when the corresponding data in
Column "C" equals a certain value (date value shown as: "2005/01/01")

I would like this average shown on another sheet that I have termed "Summary".

I cannot get this to work.

Somebody please help!

Duke Carey

From Excel's help file
DAVERAGE(database,field,criteria)

Database is the range of cells that makes up the list or database. A
database is a list of related data in which rows of related information are
records, and columns of data are fields. The first row of the list contains
labels for each column.

Field indicates which column is used in the function. Field can be given
as text with the column label enclosed between double quotation marks, such
as "Age" or "Yield," or as a number that represents the position of the
column within the list: 1 for the first column, 2 for the second column, and
so on.

Criteria is the range of cells that contains the conditions you specify.
You can use any range for the criteria argument, as long as it includes at
least one column label and at least one cell below the column label for
specifying a condition for the column.

There are also illuminating examples

"xrayr" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with columns of data on sheet 1. I would like to have
the average of column "U" determined ONLY when the corresponding data in
Column "C" equals a certain value (date value shown as: "2005/01/01")

I would like this average shown on another sheet that I have termed "Summary".

I cannot get this to work.

Somebody please help!

Excel option to store trendline's coefficients in cells for use Miguel Saldana Charts and Charting in Excel 9 June 20th 05 08:45 PM
weeknum function says jan1=week1, mod to first 4 day week needed sam Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 June 13th 05 04:05 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Automatically up date time in a cell Mark Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 May 12th 05 12:26 AM
clock Wildman Excel Worksheet Functions 2 April 26th 05 10:31 AM