Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sassecathy

Default How do I format Excel to add new rows automatically?

I need to know how toformat my spreadsheet so it will automatically give me a
new row when I reach the end of the column instead of having to hit insert
row to add one. Is there a way to do this? Thanks!

Cathy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Cathy

If you have reached the end of the column which is row 65536 that is all the
rows you will get with current versions of Excel.

If not at row 65536 how will Excel know you are at the bottom of the column?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:23:05 -0800, "sassecathy"
wrote:

I need to know how toformat my spreadsheet so it will automatically give me a
new row when I reach the end of the column instead of having to hit insert
row to add one. Is there a way to do this? Thanks!

Cathy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sassecathy

What I mean is...........I am adding a column of numbers. It gets to the row
that is formulated to total the numbers, but I'm not done entering the
numbers I want to add. How can I formulate the worksheet that when I get
down to the "total" row in that column, Excel will automatically add a row,
so that I don't have to manually "Insert" "Row"

Example

Column A

row 1 25
row 2 25
row 3 25
row 4 25
row 5 25 (etc, etc)

row 7 125 (formula to total A1:A6)

I have 1 more row in this column to add another entry, then I have to click
"insert" then "row" to get more rows for more entries. Is there a way to
format the worksheet so that when I get to the last row before the "total",
that it will automatically add a row........OR just move down the "total"
row, so that there is always a row available for new entries.

I hope this a bit more clear?

Thanks!!