Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gail

Default entering date functions

I would like to set up my worksheet so that I can enter a date in one cell
and make the next cell automatically be dated for 30 days later and the next
for 60 and so on. Is there a function I can program to set this up? If so
what is it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bpeltzer

=a1+30 will return a date 30 days after the date in a1. It may not look like
a date at first; if not, then just Format Cells, select the Number tab,
the Date category and choose the format you want. Dates (and times) in Excel
are just specially formatted numbers. Days are the integer part, times are
the fraction.

"Gail" wrote:

I would like to set up my worksheet so that I can enter a date in one cell
and make the next cell automatically be dated for 30 days later and the next
for 60 and so on. Is there a function I can program to set this up? If so
what is it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi Gail

With your start Date in A1, format cells B1 and C1 with the same Date format.
In B1 =A1+30
In C1 =A1+60

Regards

Roger Govier

Gail wrote:
I would like to set up my worksheet so that I can enter a date in one cell
and make the next cell automatically be dated for 30 days later and the next
for 60 and so on. Is there a function I can program to set this up? If so
what is it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi Gail

In B1
=$A$1+(Column()-1)*30
Drag across through C1:Z1 or as far as you wish.

Do you really want to keep incrementing by 30 days, or were you trying to
find a way of increasing each month?
If the latter, then in B1
=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1)
Drag across as before.

Regards

Roger Govier

Date functions John New Users to Excel 3 August 15th 05 08:50 PM
Date difference Maxi Excel Worksheet Functions 7 July 28th 05 01:38 PM
date and time ladimples247 New Users to Excel 2 February 16th 05 08:52 PM
Entering date QUICKLY DOMINIC JOSLIN New Users to Excel 2 December 10th 04 09:47 AM
Addition to Turn cell red if today is greater or equal to date in cell Rich New Users to Excel 2 December 9th 04 02:06 AM