Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old November 22nd 05, 05:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gail
 
Posts: n/a
Default entering date functions

I would like to set up my worksheet so that I can enter a date in one cell
and make the next cell automatically be dated for 30 days later and the next
for 60 and so on. Is there a function I can program to set this up? If so
what is it?

  #2   Report Post  
Old November 22nd 05, 06:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bpeltzer
 
Posts: n/a
Default entering date functions

=a1+30 will return a date 30 days after the date in a1. It may not look like
a date at first; if not, then just Format Cells, select the Number tab,
the Date category and choose the format you want. Dates (and times) in Excel
are just specially formatted numbers. Days are the integer part, times are
the fraction.

"Gail" wrote:

I would like to set up my worksheet so that I can enter a date in one cell
and make the next cell automatically be dated for 30 days later and the next
for 60 and so on. Is there a function I can program to set this up? If so
what is it?

  #3   Report Post  
Old November 22nd 05, 06:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier
 
Posts: n/a
Default entering date functions

Hi Gail

With your start Date in A1, format cells B1 and C1 with the same Date format.
In B1 =A1+30
In C1 =A1+60

Regards

Roger Govier


Gail wrote:
I would like to set up my worksheet so that I can enter a date in one cell
and make the next cell automatically be dated for 30 days later and the next
for 60 and so on. Is there a function I can program to set this up? If so
what is it?

  #4   Report Post  
Old November 22nd 05, 06:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gail
 
Posts: n/a
Default entering date functions

Thank you that was easy enough

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Gail

With your start Date in A1, format cells B1 and C1 with the same Date format.
In B1 =A1+30
In C1 =A1+60

Regards

Roger Govier


Gail wrote:
I would like to set up my worksheet so that I can enter a date in one cell
and make the next cell automatically be dated for 30 days later and the next
for 60 and so on. Is there a function I can program to set this up? If so
what is it?


  #5   Report Post  
Old November 22nd 05, 06:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gail
 
Posts: n/a
Default entering date functions

Thank you that was easy enough!

"bpeltzer" wrote:

=a1+30 will return a date 30 days after the date in a1. It may not look like
a date at first; if not, then just Format Cells, select the Number tab,
the Date category and choose the format you want. Dates (and times) in Excel
are just specially formatted numbers. Days are the integer part, times are
the fraction.

"Gail" wrote:

I would like to set up my worksheet so that I can enter a date in one cell
and make the next cell automatically be dated for 30 days later and the next
for 60 and so on. Is there a function I can program to set this up? If so
what is it?



  #6   Report Post  
Old November 22nd 05, 06:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gail
 
Posts: n/a
Default entering date functions

Can I use the formula for an entire row? Or do I need to do each cell
individually

"Gail" wrote:

I would like to set up my worksheet so that I can enter a date in one cell
and make the next cell automatically be dated for 30 days later and the next
for 60 and so on. Is there a function I can program to set this up? If so
what is it?

  #7   Report Post  
Old November 22nd 05, 06:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gail
 
Posts: n/a
Default entering date functions

Can I use the formula in an entire row or do I have to do each one seperately

"Gail" wrote:

I would like to set up my worksheet so that I can enter a date in one cell
and make the next cell automatically be dated for 30 days later and the next
for 60 and so on. Is there a function I can program to set this up? If so
what is it?

  #8   Report Post  
Old November 22nd 05, 07:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier
 
Posts: n/a
Default entering date functions

Hi Gail

In B1
=$A$1+(Column()-1)*30
Drag across through C1:Z1 or as far as you wish.

Do you really want to keep incrementing by 30 days, or were you trying to
find a way of increasing each month?
If the latter, then in B1
=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1)
Drag across as before.

Regards

Roger Govier


Gail wrote:
Can I use the formula in an entire row or do I have to do each one seperately

"Gail" wrote:


I would like to set up my worksheet so that I can enter a date in one cell
and make the next cell automatically be dated for 30 days later and the next
for 60 and so on. Is there a function I can program to set this up? If so
what is it?



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Date functions John New Users to Excel 3 August 15th 05 08:50 PM
Date difference Maxi Excel Worksheet Functions 7 July 28th 05 01:38 PM
date and time ladimples247 New Users to Excel 2 February 16th 05 08:52 PM
Entering date QUICKLY DOMINIC JOSLIN New Users to Excel 2 December 10th 04 09:47 AM
Addition to Turn cell red if today is greater or equal to date in cell Rich New Users to Excel 2 December 9th 04 02:06 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 ExcelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Microsoft Excel"

 

Copyright © 2017