Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kendraa

Default delete series of letter in spreadsheet

I have a large document that contains thousands of email addresses. I want
to delete the part that becomes before the "@" sign, inlcuding the "@" sign
across the whole spreadsheet. EG: becomes ecollege.com
only. How can I do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Claude S

Try this formula in a blank cell where "A1" is the cell containing the email
address. =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("@",A1,1))
--
Claude S

"kendraa" wrote:

I have a large document that contains thousands of email addresses. I want
to delete the part that becomes before the "@" sign, inlcuding the "@" sign
across the whole spreadsheet. EG: becomes ecollege.com
only. How can I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

DataText to ColumnsDelimited by@

Choose to skip importing the first column.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 15:12:01 -0800, "kendraa"
wrote:

I have a large document that contains thousands of email addresses. I want
to delete the part that becomes before the "@" sign, inlcuding the "@" sign
across the whole spreadsheet. EG: becomes ecollege.com
only. How can I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kendraa

Just copy that into one cell, cell A1?
All I get is a "0"
??

"kendraa" wrote:

I have a large document that contains thousands of email addresses. I want
to delete the part that becomes before the "@" sign, inlcuding the "@" sign
across the whole spreadsheet. EG: becomes ecollege.com
only. How can I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Kendraa

Assuming your email addresses are in Column A, copy the formula into B1 then

hover the mouse pointer over the bottom right corner of B1. You will see a
black lump and a black cross.

Double-click on that lump to replicate/increment the formula down Column B
until no data in column A.

In B2 it will change to =RIGHT(A2,LEN(A2)-FIND("@",A2,1)) and so on down
Column B.

I would go with DataText to ColumnsDelimited byenter the @ sign in "Other"
box.

Make sure you check the "skip" for the first column or have an empty column to
the right of the address column.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"kendraa" wrote:

I have a large document that contains thousands of email addresses. I want
to delete the part that becomes before the "@" sign, inlcuding the "@" sign
across the whole spreadsheet. EG: becomes ecollege.com
only. How can I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kendraa

AWESOME
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"kendraa" wrote:

I have a large document that contains thousands of email addresses. I want
to delete the part that becomes before the "@" sign, inlcuding the "@" sign
across the whole spreadsheet. EG: becomes ecollege.com
only. How can I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

You're welcome.

Which method did you use?

Formula or Text to Columns?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:13:02 -0800, "kendraa"
wrote:

AWESOME