ExcelMonkey

Default Click Boxes for each series in a graph

I have a chart with three series over time. Lets say the range is C2:Z5.
The time is expressed in row 2 and the series data in rows 3,4,5. I want to
be able to turn the series on with click boxes. I have the graph set up on a
worksheet so that some of the cells of the worksheet are visible. I want to
avoid VBA code (for now). So I would like to set up checkboxes on the
spreadsheet itself (if possible). I want to be able to click the checkbox
for each series. When checkbox is click series is visible when not clicked
series not visible. Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks.

Ed Ferrero

Hi ExcelMonkey,

If you want to do this without VBA, first insert rows betweeen the last two
series.
i.e. click on the row number 5 to select the whole row and use menu item
Insert - Rows, then click on roe number 4 and Insert - Rows.
The three series should now be in rows 3, 5, and 7.
Select Row 3 and use the menu item Data - Group and Outline - Group
this places a small box with a '-' sign next to Row 3.
Do the same for Row 5 and 7.
Now, clicking on a '-' sign will toggle visibility for the series.

Otherwise, use VBA.

Ed Ferrero
http://edferrero.m6.net/

I have a chart with three series over time. Lets say the range is C2:Z5.
The time is expressed in row 2 and the series data in rows 3,4,5. I want
be able to turn the series on with click boxes. I have the graph set up
on a
worksheet so that some of the cells of the worksheet are visible. I want
avoid VBA code (for now). So I would like to set up checkboxes on the
spreadsheet itself (if possible). I want to be able to click the checkbox
for each series. When checkbox is click series is visible when not
clicked
series not visible. Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks.

Jon Peltier

Try this example:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html

- Jon