Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chris R

Default Inserting rows into worksheets that are protected

I am trying to insert (or delete) rows in a worksheet that I have
protected in order to prevent certain cells being altered. Once I have
locked the specific cells, and protected the sheet, the options to
"Insert" or "Delete" rows is greyed out.

Can anyone offer a solution?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tiah

with XP or 2003 you can choose exactly what you protect.

with 2000 or before, when you protect the sheet, you can't do anything.
so solution would be not to protect it to insert rows.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joe M

Very new to this and could not find my anser by searching.

I have the same need, but with 2003. My catch is that I want to make the
change in a macro. See below:

With Worksheets("Clarence")
.Protect Password:="qsi", userinterfaceonly:=True
.EnableOutlining = True
.EnableAutoFilter = True
End With

What is the setting for inserting and deleting rows in a macro like this?
Must be something like Enableoutlining.

"tiah" wrote:

with XP or 2003 you can choose exactly what you protect.

with 2000 or before, when you protect the sheet, you can't do anything.
so solution would be not to protect it to insert rows.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tiah

Here is all the code you can put to protect in 2003

Worksheets("Clarence") .Protect DrawingObjects:=False, _
Contents:=True, Scenarios:= False, AllowFormattingCells:=True,
_
AllowFormattingColumns:=True, AllowFormattingRows:=True, _
AllowInsertingColumns:=True, AllowInsertingRows:=True, _
AllowInsertingHyperlinks:=True, AllowDeletingColumns:=True, _
AllowDeletingRows:=True, AllowSorting:=True,
AllowFiltering:=True, _
AllowUsingPivotTables:=True