tee

Default protection and inserting rows

I have protected a cell on a worksheet. When I try to copy or delete that
row on the worksheet, it won't allow because one of the cells is protected
and when I try to insert this row, it says, 'the cell is protected and
therefore 'read-only', the sheet must be unprotected'.

I did set it up so the users could insert and delete rows, but I want them
to be able to delete the entire row if needed, or copy a row to the next line
- but still not be able to change the existing protected cell.

Thanks
Kassie

Hi tee

It seems that you protected a cell on a specific row, ostensibly so that
users cannot delete it, but you want them to be able to delete it? Doesn't
make sense at all.

If you do not want them to delete it , then that should be that.

As far as inserting lines and copying lines are concerned, you could use a
macro to unprotect the sheet, insert the line, unlock the line, copy the
relevant cells, set the locked property on protected cells and then protect
the sheet again