Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
marlene

Default sales tax

I am trying to find a function to calculate sales tax for material sold that
will round off the sales tax to the highest number. ex: for a 10. item the
sales tax at 7.75= .775. I need it to round off to .78. Can anyone help me?
--
mt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kassie

Hi Marlene, just after the "=", prefix your existing formula with "ROUND(",
and suffix it with ",2)". eg =ROUND(B3*A1,2)
--
ve_2nd_at. Stilfontein, Northwest, South Africa

"marlene" wrote:

I am trying to find a function to calculate sales tax for material sold that
will round off the sales tax to the highest number. ex: for a 10. item the
sales tax at 7.75= .775. I need it to round off to .78. Can anyone help me?
--
mt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:14:01 -0800, "marlene"
wrote:

I am trying to find a function to calculate sales tax for material sold that
will round off the sales tax to the highest number. ex: for a 10. item the
sales tax at 7.75= .775. I need it to round off to .78. Can anyone help me?

=ROUNDUP(Price*7.75%,2)

--ron