Liz G

Default combining countif formulas

Hi,

One more question. I have a countif formula (see post: variation on
countif) that reads Countif(A1:A100, "*value*"). The situation users were
asked to list their past isp's and could list more than one in a cell. So,
is there a way to say "Count this cell if the cell includes 'aol', 'america
online', OR 'america on-line'"?

Thanks for your help!

Liz

Frank Kabel

Hi
one way: just add the COUNTIF statements.
Another way:
=SUM(COUNTIF(A1:A100,{"*aol*","*America Online*","*america on-lin*"}))

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Liz G wrote:
Hi,

One more question. I have a countif formula (see post: variation on
countif) that reads Countif(A1:A100, "*value*"). The situation users
were asked to list their past isp's and could list more than one in a
cell. So, is there a way to say "Count this cell if the cell
includes 'aol', 'america online', OR 'america on-line'"?

Thanks for your help!

Liz

Liz G

Thanks Frank,

The only thing is, I want to make sure that people who replied with
something like "america online (aol)" don't get counted twice. That's the
reason behind this question. Will your sum statement do that? Can I just
use the Countif statement inside the sum?

Thanks,
Liz

Liz G wrote:
Hi,

One more question. I have a countif formula (see post: variation on
countif) that reads Countif(A1:A100, "*value*"). The situation users
were asked to list their past isp's and could list more than one in a
cell. So, is there a way to say "Count this cell if the cell
includes 'aol', 'america online', OR 'america on-line'"?

Thanks for your help!

Liz

Frank Kabel

Hi
see your other post.
P.S.: no need for posting the question again

--
Regards
Frank Kabel