Top Spin

Default Copying options: contents, results, formulas, etc.

I would like to know how to copy a range of cells so that:

(1) None of the cell references are changed. That is, regadless of
whether the formulas use relative or absolute references, the formulas
that are copied to the target cells are exactly like the ones in the
source cells.

(2) Copy the results of the formulas. So if the cells shows "100", but
the call actually contains "=A3/B4", I would like the target cell to
get the "100", not the formula.

(2a) I would like it to carry the formatting with it.

(3) Is there a way to "convert" a cell from a formula to a result so
that, in the example above, the "=A3/B4" gets converted to "100" and
is no longer a formula? I am looking for the equivalent to Ctrl+6 in
Word that converts a field (like a date) into regular text.

Thanks

Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com
(11/09/04)
Top Spin

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 11:59:11 -0800, Top Spin
wrote:

I would like to know how to copy a range of cells so that:

(1) None of the cell references are changed. That is, regardless of
whether the formulas use relative or absolute references, the formulas
that are copied to the target cells are exactly like the ones in the
source cells.

(2) Copy the results of the formulas. So if the cells shows "100", but
the call actually contains "=A3/B4", I would like the target cell to
get the "100", not the formula.

I found out how to do this using Paste Special.

(2a) I would like it to carry the formatting with it.

Paste Special will also do this, but in a separate step. Is there a
way to do it in one step? That is, copy the results and the formatting
all at once?

Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com
(11/09/04)
JulieD

Hi

see additional comments in line

wrote:

I would like to know how to copy a range of cells so that:

(1) None of the cell references are changed. That is, regardless of
whether the formulas use relative or absolute references, the formulas
that are copied to the target cells are exactly like the ones in the
source cells.

(2) Copy the results of the formulas. So if the cells shows "100", but
the call actually contains "=A3/B4", I would like the target cell to
get the "100", not the formula.

I found out how to do this using Paste Special.

(2a) I would like it to carry the formatting with it.

Paste Special will also do this, but in a separate step. Is there a
way to do it in one step? That is, copy the results and the formatting
all at once?

not AFAIK

(3) Is there a way to "convert" a cell from a formula to a result so
that, in the example above, the "=A3/B4" gets converted to "100" and
is no longer a formula? I am looking for the equivalent to Ctrl+6 in
Word that converts a field (like a date) into regular text.

Paste Special again - BUT there is a "mouse" shortcut for this,
select your data and move your mouse over the border of the selected range -
it should turn into a white arrow
now hold down the RIGHT mouse button and drag one cell to the right of the
exisitng data (or up or down or left)
then drag back over the existing data and let the right mouse button go -
you'll have the option to "Copy here as values"

Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com
(11/09/04)