Tracey

Default copying formulas

I am trying to copy formulas in a spreadsheet that pulls the data from every
4th column in another spreadsheet in a consistent pattern (eg. b6, f6, j6,
n6). When I try to copy the pattern to the next 4 cells in the row,
anticipating r6, v6, etc. instead it repeats as f6, j6, n6, r6. How do I
correct this?
Peo Sjoblom

One way

=OFFSET(Sheet2!$B$6,,COLUMN(A:A)*4-4)

copy across

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Tracey" wrote:

I am trying to copy formulas in a spreadsheet that pulls the data from every
4th column in another spreadsheet in a consistent pattern (eg. b6, f6, j6,
n6). When I try to copy the pattern to the next 4 cells in the row,
anticipating r6, v6, etc. instead it repeats as f6, j6, n6, r6. How do I
correct this?

Frank Kabel

Hi
in the first cell (lets assume A1) enter
=OFFSET('other_sheet'!$B$6,0,(COLUMN()-1)*4)
and copy to the right

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"Tracey" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I am trying to copy formulas in a spreadsheet that pulls the data from
every
4th column in another spreadsheet in a consistent pattern (eg. b6, f6, j6,
n6). When I try to copy the pattern to the next 4 cells in the row,
anticipating r6, v6, etc. instead it repeats as f6, j6, n6, r6. How do I
correct this?

Tracey

Thank you. The OFFSET command identifies the correct cell. However, when I
copy to the right, the pattern doesn't repeat. It always remains anchored to
the first cell (eg. A1), so all subsequent results repeat the same value. I
tried removing the $ before the column, but it still doesn't work. I need the
copied formula to move the anchor point over by 4 columns as the new
reference. How do I do that?

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
in the first cell (lets assume A1) enter
=OFFSET('other_sheet'!$B$6,0,(COLUMN()-1)*4)
and copy to the right

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany
"Tracey" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I am trying to copy formulas in a spreadsheet that pulls the data from
every
4th column in another spreadsheet in a consistent pattern (eg. b6, f6, j6,
n6). When I try to copy the pattern to the next 4 cells in the row,
anticipating r6, v6, etc. instead it repeats as f6, j6, n6, r6. How do I
correct this?

Frank Kabel

Hi
this is done automatically by the thirdparameter of this formula:
(COLUMN()-1)*4

So $A$1 is correct. The third parameter shifts the cell offset

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
in the first cell (lets assume A1) enter
=OFFSET('other_sheet'!$B$6,0,(COLUMN()-1)*4)
and copy to the right

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany
"Tracey" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I am trying to copy formulas in a spreadsheet that pulls the data
from every
4th column in another spreadsheet in a consistent pattern (eg. b6,
f6, j6, n6). When I try to copy the pattern to the next 4 cells in
the row, anticipating r6, v6, etc. instead it repeats as f6, j6,
n6, r6. How do I correct this?

Tracey

Thanks again. However, I'm still not getting there. Here is exactly what I am
typing:

=OFFSET('Plan Summary 03 - Present'!$A$6,0,COLUMN($A$6)-1)*4

What have I misinterpreted?

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
in the first cell (lets assume A1) enter
=OFFSET('other_sheet'!$B$6,0,(COLUMN()-1)*4)
and copy to the right

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany
"Tracey" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I am trying to copy formulas in a spreadsheet that pulls the data
from every
4th column in another spreadsheet in a consistent pattern (eg. b6,
f6, j6, n6). When I try to copy the pattern to the next 4 cells in
the row, anticipating r6, v6, etc. instead it repeats as f6, j6,
n6, r6. How do I correct this?

Frank Kabel

Hi
use:
=OFFSET('Plan Summary 03 - Present'!$A$6,0,COLUMN(A:A)-1)*4)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel