BrisvegasAndy

Default Conditional Formatting

I have a table that I have established conditional formatting in rows that
when the rule is met, colours the cell in that row green. I would also like
run some conditional formatting on the columns that says "if the nominated
cells are coloured green, then make the header cell yellow".

I don't know if this can be done but any assistance would be greatly
appreciated.

thanks

BrisvegasAndy

Mmm, perhaps I didn't explain the problem fully. Here goes. I have a table
which is a matrix of tick boxes (cells). Each row relates to an educational
competency and each column is a vocation (comprising a number of
competencies/ticks). As a candidate achieves a competency (row) i have
established conditional formatting to turn that row green.

What I am now attempting to do is to highlight the vocation(column) by means
of a colour when all the competencies that make it up are achieved (ie green).

So I'm now trying to find a formula that "turns A1 to red when A2, A4, A5,
A7 .... are green, but not if they are not green"

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

"RagDyer" wrote:

Click on the header cell, and duplicate the conditions that you created to
turn the cell red.
--
HTH,

RD

"BrisvegasAndy" wrote in message
I have a table that I have established conditional formatting in rows that
when the rule is met, colours the cell in that row green. I would also

like
run some conditional formatting on the columns that says "if the nominated
cells are coloured green, then make the header cell yellow".

I don't know if this can be done but any assistance would be greatly
appreciated.

thanks

Roger Govier

Hi Andy

You need to take each of the conditions that turn A2,A4,A5 and A7 to Red and
join them with an AND() as the condition for your Green

=AND(A2cond,A4cond,A5cond,A7cond)

Regards

Roger Govier