roy.okinawa

Default Using Two Worksheets To Capature Data

I have one worksheet that is the master file/worksheet. I want to create/use
another worksheet that sums/counts data from the master file/worksheet. How
do I input formulas on the second worksheet to sum/count data from the first?

Anne Troy

Something like =Sum(Sheet1!A2:A65536) will sum all the values in column A,
assuming you're using Row 1 as the headings.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"roy.okinawa" wrote in message
I have one worksheet that is the master file/worksheet. I want to
create/use
another worksheet that sums/counts data from the master file/worksheet.
How
do I input formulas on the second worksheet to sum/count data from the
first?

roy.okinawa

I copied the formula on to my second worksheet. I keep getting a popup
window titled "Update Values:Report" that wants a excel file name. Should
this happen? Both worksheets are in the same Excel file.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Something like =Sum(Sheet1!A2:A65536) will sum all the values in column A,
assuming you're using Row 1 as the headings.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"roy.okinawa" wrote in message
I have one worksheet that is the master file/worksheet. I want to
create/use
another worksheet that sums/counts data from the master file/worksheet.
How
do I input formulas on the second worksheet to sum/count data from the
first?

roy.okinawa

=Sum(Sheet1!H24:H266)

Overall Report = This is the worksheet where the data is stored and pulled
from.
Totals = This is the worksheet where I want to capture totals.

The Overall Report worksheet is very detailed and lengthy. It goes to
column AF and new rows are added daily. I will be pulling data from various
columns to sum/count (numbers/text) on the Totals worksheet. Each column has
its own sum/count (no two columns interact.)

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Something like =Sum(Sheet1!A2:A65536) will sum all the values in column
A,
assuming you're using Row 1 as the headings.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"roy.okinawa" wrote in message
I have one worksheet that is the master file/worksheet. I want to
create/use
another worksheet that sums/counts data from the master file/worksheet.
How
do I input formulas on the second worksheet to sum/count data from the
first?

Anne Troy

Okay, so your formula should read (for a total of the values in column A of
the Overall Report worksheet):
=SUM('Overall Report'!A2:A65536)
************

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Something like =Sum(Sheet1!A2:A65536) will sum all the values in
column
A,
assuming you're using Row 1 as the headings.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"roy.okinawa" wrote in message
I have one worksheet that is the master file/worksheet. I want to
create/use
another worksheet that sums/counts data from the master
file/worksheet.
How
do I input formulas on the second worksheet to sum/count data from
the
first?

roy.okinawa

Anne,

I must have entered something wrong. I just tried it again with the formula
you provided and it works. Not sure what I did the first time around.

Thank you very much.