gersumabat

Default Vlookup using text

Does Vlookup match text exactly? In other words if I have part number that's
got -, and alphanumeric characters, can Vlookup function in the table? If
not, is there a workaround. I currently have a spreadsheet formatted as text
and keep getting the #NA error even though I can do a manual search and find
matches.
Anne Troy

Likely, your range to look in is incorrect. Usual syntax:
=vlookup(a1,sheetname!$A$1:$D:$500,false)
You need the false if the column in your lookup range is not sorted.
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com