titushanke

Default VLOOKUP first numerical value (not text)

Dear all, I have this situation:

RATENAME | DAY1 | DAY2 | DAY3 | DAY4
myrate | 200 | 200 | | |
myrate | | | 250 | 250 |
... and so on

in a separte worksheet I would like to have:

RATENAME | DAY1 | DAY2 | DAY3 | DAY4
myrate | 200 | 200 | 250 | 250 |
.... and so on

so basically compressing the list in the first worksheet to one row in
second worksheet.

My problem is that vlookup only looks up the first result it finds,
even if the field is empty (see screenshots). I would instead need it
to find the first numerical value, as I am only itnerested in this.

This is the vlookup I am currently using:

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($A5,EFI!$B$3:$GK$1500,23,FALSE )),0,VLOOKUP($A5,EFI!$B$3:$GK$1500,23,FALSE))

Thank you for any help you can give me..

Titus.

|Filename: excel-problem2.jpg |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=2996 |

titushanke
titushanke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19997
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=345841

m_anoob

hi there,
u can use the subtotal function at each change in "myrate" - end result
u get a subtotal for all the coloumns. now click on all the minus sign
on the left of the sheet. now u get onlyu the sub totals. now use
cntrl+g click on special . n select visible cells now. now paste it
another sheet.. n replace the word total with null..

--
m_anoob
m_anoob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19892