Saskia

Default Using ROUND formula to calculate tax

Using the round formula, how can I calculate, 20%VAT on a particular
item?

--
Saskia
Saskia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15810

Jack Schitt

"Saskia" wrote in message

Using the round formula, how can I calculate, 20%VAT on a particular
item?

--
Saskia
Saskia's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=273089

Assuming you want it to 2 decimal places, and fractions of third+ decimal to
be rounded down,
=ROUNDDOWN(A1/5,2)
Where A1 contains the VAT-exclusive amount, or
=ROUNDDOWN(A1/6,2)
Where A1 contains the VAT-inclusive amount.
You could just use =ROUND() instead of =ROUNDDOWN() as above, which would
result in rounding to the nearest 2nd decimal place. Most regimes require
rounding down.

Govind

Why do you want to use round formula only for this?

Cant you use the formula of =20%*item value

Regards

Govind.