Old October 28th 04, 07:55 AM
Saskia

Default Using ROUND formula to calculate tax

Using the round formula, how can I calculate, 20%VAT on a particular
item?

--
Saskia
Saskia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15810

Old October 28th 04, 08:25 AM
Jack Schitt

"Saskia" wrote in message

Using the round formula, how can I calculate, 20%VAT on a particular
item?

--
Saskia
Saskia's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=273089

Assuming you want it to 2 decimal places, and fractions of third+ decimal to
be rounded down,
=ROUNDDOWN(A1/5,2)
Where A1 contains the VAT-exclusive amount, or
=ROUNDDOWN(A1/6,2)
Where A1 contains the VAT-inclusive amount.
You could just use =ROUND() instead of =ROUNDDOWN() as above, which would
result in rounding to the nearest 2nd decimal place. Most regimes require
rounding down.

Old October 28th 04, 08:32 AM
Govind

Why do you want to use round formula only for this?

Cant you use the formula of =20%*item value

Regards

Govind.

Old October 28th 04, 08:35 AM
Frank Kabel