Karen

Default Problem with Calculating Worksheets

I have a spreadsheet that I have been using up to today with no problems. I
copied the file into another location and now it is not calculating the
formulas automatically. If I press F9 it is not recalculating and in options
the calculation is set to automatic. The only way I can recalcute now is to
go into each individual formula press F2 and return. It now permanently has
"Calculate" on the bottom left hand side of the screen.

I am using Microsoft Excel 2003.

Can anyone help me to calculate again?
Niek Otten

Very rarely Excel loses track of dependencies. That's why a rebuild option
of the dependency-tree has been introduced some versions ago.
It is activated by CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+F9
Please let us know your results

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Karen" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that I have been using up to today with no problems. I
copied the file into another location and now it is not calculating the
formulas automatically. If I press F9 it is not recalculating and in
options
the calculation is set to automatic. The only way I can recalcute now is
go into each individual formula press F2 and return. It now permanently
has
"Calculate" on the bottom left hand side of the screen.

I am using Microsoft Excel 2003.

Can anyone help me to calculate again?

Karen

Thanks for that. In the meantime my excel crashed and it has now gone back to
calculating automatically. It is very strange - it is the second time that
this happened in the last month (I have used excel for years and never came
across it). I will try that option if it happens again.
Thanks
Karen