tywebb76

Default Can I link single cells in a spreadsheet to another worksheet?

I use an excel spreadsheet to list job numbers for the trucking industry.
Each Job is defined by its number and all information is maintained by that
number. I also set up a spreadsheet that holds all of the pricing for each
individual job number. Is there a way that I can attach, via a link, the
pricing worksheet to an individual cell in the list with each job number. I
would like to be able to open one spreadsheet and still locate all of my
info.
ufo_pilot

Ctrl K
or go to
Insert
Hyperlink
Browse for the file you need
it will insert the link into the sheet
You can use that link to go to that particular sheet when you click on
it :)

--
ufo_pilot
ufo_pilot's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25972

ufo_pilot

Actuall I just read that you wanted a single cell
Well:
you can use this formula:

=IF(GP7<"",GP7,"")

use function:

IF
logical test = CLICK on cell in other workbook TYPE: <""
Value if true= CLICK on cell in other workbook
Value if false= TYPE: ""

this will then automatically update whenever the cell changes