cgrant

Default Excel Trace Formula

I continue to have a problem with the tracing formula in Excel. The feature
will work for a while and then stop functioning after I have opened and
closed a number of spreadsheets. If I exit Excel and restart the
application, it will work for a while longer.
I've removed and re-added the feature. No luck. I've reinstalled Excel.
No luck. Sounds like some kind of cashing issue.
Any help is appreciated
Niek Otten

I don't know of a tracing formula in Excel.

Can you give us your formula, the values of the input cells, the result you
expected and what you got instead? BTW, what do you see when it "stopped
functioning"?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"cgrant" wrote in message
I continue to have a problem with the tracing formula in Excel. The
feature
will work for a while and then stop functioning after I have opened and
closed a number of spreadsheets. If I exit Excel and restart the
application, it will work for a while longer.
I've removed and re-added the feature. No luck. I've reinstalled Excel.
No luck. Sounds like some kind of cashing issue.
Any help is appreciated

cgrant

The function is "Trace Precedent". For instance I can run it 3 or 4 times in
different spreadsheets and then I'll try to run it again and it looks like it
starts to run but just stops. Nothing happens. No error, nothing. If I
shut down my computer and try it again it will work. Does this help?