edpaul

Default Why does Excel show a formula in ONE cell ?

Excel is showing me a formula in just one cell on my spreadsheet, instead of
the formula result. I know the formula's correct (didn't forget to start
with "="). How do I turn off the formula and turn on the result? Other
adjacent cells are showing results rather than formulas. I can't find any
format switch that would do this, and nothing in HELP.
Earl Kiosterud

Ed,

The formula can show if the cell is formatted for text (Format - Cells -
Number tab). Make sure it's a format other than text. Then press F2 (edit)
then Enter.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com