Loïc

Default GENERATE HYPERLINKS

How can I automatically paste hyperlinks from one cell to another ?

Ex: I have the names of movies in column A and the URL in column B. I want
simply
that excel generate /

<A HREF="URL1"<Bmovie1<BR</B</A
<A HREF="URL2"<Bmovie2<BR</B</A

tHANKS FOR YOUR HELP
Ron de Bruin

Hi Loïc

Look in the help for the Hyperlink function
You can build the link_location with cell references

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Loïc" wrote in message ...
How can I automatically paste hyperlinks from one cell to another ?

Ex: I have the names of movies in column A and the URL in column B. I want
simply
that excel generate /

<A HREF="URL1"<Bmovie1<BR</B</A
<A HREF="URL2"<Bmovie2<BR</B</A

tHANKS FOR YOUR HELP

David McRitchie

Hi Loic,

A1: movie1
B1: http://www.movieURL.com/movie1
C1: ="<a href=""" & B1 & """<b" & A1 & ":</b</a"

use the fill handle to copy in formula in C1 down
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fillhand.htm

If you want automatic, you would need an Event macro
but I don't think you need to be that automatic.

Incidentally my XL2HTM will convert tables to HTML and a column like
column C would be sent exactly as it is shown not converted to something
to make it look the same as in Excel
in other words if you see < it would NOT be converted to &lt;
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xl2html.htm

Some other things with hyperlinks:

If you want to generate a hyperlink for use within Excel you can use.
C1: =HYPERLINK(B1, A1)
of course your link in B1 would already have the object link.

you wanted to generate a link for use within Excel comprised of a concatenation
A2: IBM
D2: =HYPERLINK("http://www." & A1 & ".com", A1)

and you will find more information in
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sheets.htm

--
---
HTH,

"Loïc" wrote in message ...
How can I automatically paste hyperlinks from one cell to another ?

Ex: I have the names of movies in column A and the URL in column B. I want
simply
that excel generate /

<A HREF="URL1"<Bmovie1<BR</B</A
<A HREF="URL2"<Bmovie2<BR</B</A

tHANKS FOR YOUR HELP

David McRitchie

Hi "Loic",

You're welcome.

I've never used the Microsoft web interface "Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000"
the regulars here stay as far as way from all web (or HTML) interfaces as possible.

For reading newsgroup postings I think most regulars (those who answer most
of the questions and use their real names) use Outlook Express, Outlook Express
is much more suitable for dial-up usage, which is going out fast because of cheaper
rates, but the speed is still seen on high speed access and on better control. Though
web interfaces may email you a response reporting activity, you have no problem
finding responses to your postings with OE if you are what is loosely referred to as
subscribed.

If you have a PC running Windows then you have Outlook Express and if you are not
behind a corporate firewall that is probably your best way to go.

You might start at the following there is an immediate sidetrack for newsgroups
Outlook Express
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/ie/oe6.htm
Even if you don't use Outlook Express many of the principals would apply
to other email applications and newsgroup readers.

---
HTH,

"Loïc" wrote ...