Radman

Default How do I hide the zero in the "sum" cell until numbers are put in the cells that are being added?

I have 4 cells, A-D. Cell D is the "sum" cell. Cell D will show a "0"
on the spreadsheet if nothing is inputed into any of the 3 other
cells.

How do i write the formula in cell D so that the "0" does not show on
the spreadsheet until numbers are put into any or all of cells A-C?

Radman
Max

One way, in D1:
=IF(COUNTBLANK(A1:C1)=3,"",SUM(A1:C1))

--
Rgds
Max
"Radman" wrote in message

I have 4 cells, A-D. Cell D is the "sum" cell. Cell D will show a "0"
on the spreadsheet if nothing is inputed into any of the 3 other
cells.

How do i write the formula in cell D so that the "0" does not show on
the spreadsheet until numbers are put into any or all of cells A-C?

Radman

Barb Reinhardt

You could put in an equation where NA() is entered if the values entered in
A-C are blank. You could then conditionally format column D so that NA()
is formatted in the same color as the background.

"Radman" wrote in message

I have 4 cells, A-D. Cell D is the "sum" cell. Cell D will show a "0"
on the spreadsheet if nothing is inputed into any of the 3 other
cells.

How do i write the formula in cell D so that the "0" does not show on
the spreadsheet until numbers are put into any or all of cells A-C?

Radman

Bernard Liengme

Can a grumpy old ex-prof have a rant on this wet Saturday afternoon?
An enter such a =SUM(A1:A10) is a FORMULA.
A mathematical expression such as y=4x^2 + 4 is an EQUATION.
If we use the wrong terminology we will not find what we need in Help.
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Radman" wrote in message

I have 4 cells, A-D. Cell D is the "sum" cell. Cell D will show a "0"
on the spreadsheet if nothing is inputed into any of the 3 other
cells.

How do i write the formula in cell D so that the "0" does not show on
the spreadsheet until numbers are put into any or all of cells A-C?

Radman

Ashish Mathur

You may also use conditional formatting. Go to FormatConditional
formatting and sekect cell valueEqual t0=0. Now select the font as White

Regards,

Ashish Mathur