Bernard Liengme

Can a grumpy old ex-prof have a rant on this wet Saturday afternoon?
An enter such a =SUM(A1:A10) is a FORMULA.
A mathematical expression such as y=4x^2 + 4 is an EQUATION.
If we use the wrong terminology we will not find what we need in Help.
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
You could put in an equation where NA() is entered if the values entered
in A-C are blank. You could then conditionally format column D so that
NA() is formatted in the same color as the background.

"Radman" wrote in message

I have 4 cells, A-D. Cell D is the "sum" cell. Cell D will show a "0"
on the spreadsheet if nothing is inputed into any of the 3 other
cells.

How do i write the formula in cell D so that the "0" does not show on
the spreadsheet until numbers are put into any or all of cells A-C?

Radman