Lou

Default Help for old macros with Excel 2002

I have downloaded the xlmacro.exe file in order to be able to keep my old
macros update, or to write new .xlm macros.
xlmacro.exe won't install, because it requires that I have an Office 2000 in
my computer.

Is there an equivalent. I used to write lots of .xlm macros, but I don't
feel like learning Visual Basic macros, and that what I want to do cannot be
simply recorded.

Is there any way that I coud use the help file xlmacro.exe
Myrna Larson

The only way to use the EXE file you have would be to install Excel 2000, then
install the Help file, and copy it to the directory for Office 10 Help files,
then uninstall Excel 2000.

If you post your email address, I can send you the required XLMACRO.CHM file.
To install it, just Search your hard drive for file XLMACRO.CHM, which is a
small stub file (about 20k AIR). Copy the file I send you to that directory,
replacing the stub file.

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 17:57:01 -0700, Lou wrote:

I have downloaded the xlmacro.exe file in order to be able to keep my old
macros update, or to write new .xlm macros.
xlmacro.exe won't install, because it requires that I have an Office 2000 in
my computer.

Is there an equivalent. I used to write lots of .xlm macros, but I don't
feel like learning Visual Basic macros, and that what I want to do cannot be
simply recorded.

Is there any way that I coud use the help file xlmacro.exe

Dave Peterson

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/r...etext=Macrofun

You can read more about them by getting both of these:
Macrofun.exe & Macro97.exe (which contains XLMacr8.hlp)

I think you'll have trouble with macrofun.exe, but macro97.exe creates a .hlp
file.

And to me, it sure looks like the content is the same.

--

Dave Peterson

Myrna Larson

With the CHM file (I pulled strings and conned the insiders at MS to extract
it from the EXE and send it to me), you can get Help in the normal way when a
macro sheet is active.

Lou wrote:

I have downloaded the xlmacro.exe file in order to be able to keep my old
macros update, or to write new .xlm macros.
xlmacro.exe won't install, because it requires that I have an Office 2000

in
my computer.

Is there an equivalent. I used to write lots of .xlm macros, but I don't
feel like learning Visual Basic macros, and that what I want to do cannot

be
simply recorded.

Is there any way that I coud use the help file xlmacro.exe

--

Dave Peterson

Lou

Thanks Dave,
I have downloaded the XLMACR8.HLP. It comes with a XLMACR8.GID and a
readme.txt file.
the read me file says:
"To make the file available for use, copy it to the folder that contains
Microsoft Excel 97 on your computer."

I don't even have a specific folder for my Excel. Excel.exe is in an
\Office10 file.
Well any way, I've looked at it and I guess it will be usefull.
Il put it somewhere and open it when I need it.

But I'll also try to understand better Myrma's solution

Lou

Lou wrote:

I have downloaded the xlmacro.exe file in order to be able to keep my old
macros update, or to write new .xlm macros.
xlmacro.exe won't install, because it requires that I have an Office 2000 in
my computer.

Is there an equivalent. I used to write lots of .xlm macros, but I don't
feel like learning Visual Basic macros, and that what I want to do cannot be
simply recorded.

Is there any way that I coud use the help file xlmacro.exe

--

Dave Peterson

Lou

Thanks for your prompt answers Myrna.
I have found the XLMACRO.CHM file. When I put my curser over the Icon with
de "?" image, it said it was the HTML help file, so I thought I wouldn't
want to erase it.
But when I wanted to open it, I received the information: "Macro Function
Help File Not Installed", with a link to a Microsoft page that doesn't exists
:-(
So I guess it was NOT the HTML help file, and I sure could use the one your
want to send to me. (I guess I'll have to come back for the HTML help file if
I find out I don't have it :-)

I hesitate to post my regular email adress. Try this one:

Thanks in advance

Lou