cbanks

Default I want to sum a column and exclude those ending with cr

I am trying to sum a column.. series goes like this... $306, $200CR, $500...
I want to add the cells that do not end with CR.. how??
RagDyer

Depends on the type of data you're working with.

Click in the $306 cell and post back with what you see in the formula bar.

Same thing for the $200CR cell.

RD

"cbanks" wrote in message
I am trying to sum a column.. series goes like this... $306, $200CR,

$500...
I want to add the cells that do not end with CR.. how??

cbanks

Its a worksheet, Just want it to add the ones not ending with cr.. Instead
its adding them all.. In theory i need it to add the ones not ending with cr
and then subtract those ending with cr from the total of those ending without
cr..

Column G Cells 11-32
$642CR
$306CR
$143CR
$207CR
$350CR
$327
$297
$441

"cbanks" wrote in message
I am trying to sum a column.. series goes like this... $306, $200CR,

$500...
I want to add the cells that do not end with CR.. how??

RagDyer

Not being an overly bright fellow, I can't understand your data type.
So ... once again I ask, could you click in the cell that displays
$642CR
And post back with what you see in the formula bar.

OR, you could post back with the formula that you're currently using that
you say is adding all the values.

RD

"RagDyer" wrote:

Depends on the type of data you're working with.

Click in the $306 cell and post back with what you see in the formula

bar.

Same thing for the $200CR cell.

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-

"cbanks" wrote in message
I am trying to sum a column.. series goes like this... $306, $200CR,

$500...
I want to add the cells that do not end with CR.. how??

Roger Govier

Hi

Try
=SUMIF(G11:G35,"0")