CheeseHeadTransplant

Default Sum cells based on a row variable and seperate column variable

I have a spreadsheet with 3 sheets of date. On all 3 column A is the same
and Row 3 is the same. Column A is labeled Weave_Market_MTD and Row 3 is
Weave_Date_MTD. I need to sum all like items in Column A for a Date I have
in Cell D7 of the summary page. Before changing this sheet Column A did not
have two cells the same so I used the formula

=INDEX(Weave!$1:$65536,MATCH($A15,Weave!A:$A,0),MA TCH($D$7,Weave!$3:$3,0))

Now I have to add all the items for the same Market. This is what my sheet
looks like now:
09/01/05 09/02/05 09/03/05 09/04/05
09/05/05
C/R 5 10 15
20 25
EIFS 5 10 15
20 25
Export 5 10 15
20 25
OEM 5 10 15
20 25
Export 5 10 15
20 25
Export 5 10 15
20 25
OEM 5 10 15
20 25

If I need the total for 09/03/05 I need C/R = 15, EIFS = 15, OEM = 30 and
Export = 45.

Domenic

Assumptions:

On sheet 'Weave'...

B3:F3 contains your dates

A4:A10 contains C/R, EIFS, etc.

B4:F10 contains your data

On your summary sheet...

B1 contains your date of interest, such as 9/3/05

A2:A5 contains C/R, EIFS, OEM, and Export

Formula:

On your summary sheet...

B2, copied down:

=SUMIF(Weave!$A$4:$A$10,$A2,INDEX(Weave!$B$4:$F$10 ,0,MATCH(B$1,Weave!$B$3
:$F$3,0)))

Note that if you continue to add the dates along the first row of your
summary sheet, the formula can be copied across to other columns giving
you a summary for each date.

Hope this helps!

In article ,
"CheeseHeadTransplant"
wrote:

[...]

Deeds

Domenic,
I have the same problem, however I made yours work for when it is trying
to match 1 criteria in the column and 1 criteria in the row...however I would
like to add 2 more critera for the rows and 2 more criteria for the columns.
i.e. sum the range data if 3 cells in the column title match AND 3 cells in
the rows match. Can you help? A4, B4, C4 AND D1, D2, D3 must all match my
criteria for each cell. I have been struggling with this for awhile...any
ideas? Thanks

wrote:

[...]

Domenic

See your other post...

In article ,
"Deeds" wrote:

Can you go to my post Vlookup "crosstab"....you will find an example there.
I just posted it....thanks!

CheeseHeadTransplant

This seems to be working except for one small problem... it is giving the
results for the wrong day. It is always off 3 days. If I query 09/01/05 it
is giving the results for 09/04/05. I can't figure out why the strange
result.

wrote:

[...]

Domenic

Can you post the exact formula you're using?

In article ,
"CheeseHeadTransplant"
wrote:

This seems to be working except for one small problem... it is giving the
results for the wrong day. It is always off 3 days. If I query 09/01/05 it
is giving the results for 09/04/05. I can't figure out why the strange
result.

CheeseHeadTransplant

Sorry... guess that would help....

=SUMIF(Weave_Market_MTD,A13,INDEX(Weave_Data_MTD,0 ,MATCH(Date,Weave_Date_MTD,0)))

whe

Weave_Market_MTD is on the sheet "Weave" and is column A

A13 is the item I need to sumif (C/R, EIFS, Scrim, OEM etc.)

Weave_Data_MTD is on the sheet "Weave" and is all the daily totals for each
market.

Date is the date the formula is to use to find the column to sum

Weave_Date_MTD is on the sheet "Weave" and is row 3 with a date and all data
entered for that day below it.

wrote:

This seems to be working except for one small problem... it is giving the
results for the wrong day. It is always off 3 days. If I query 09/01/05 it
is giving the results for 09/04/05. I can't figure out why the strange
result.

Domenic

It's difficult to see what's going on without the actual cell references.

Nevertheless, make sure that your named ranges Weave_Data_MTD and
Weave_Date_MTD reference the same range of columns.

If you still have problems, re-post the formula with the actual cell