DewChugr

Default Question about deleting rows from sorted linked worksheets

I have a file with three worksheets it it.

worksheet #1 is a phonebook listing with the lastname in the first
column and first name in secon.

worksheet #2 is linked from the first worksheet, but with first name in
first column and last name in second.

worksheet #3 is linked from the first and is set up to output as a csv
for use on intranet site.

#2 and #3 work, but what I want to do is to have the second sheet
sorted by first name, not last. When I do that with the data sort my
cells in #2 go blank. I need to be able to add/delete/edit rows and
have the data replicate from #1 to #2 and #3.

So far the best I have been able to come up with is to get rid of sheet
#2 and make macros to sort #1 by whatever column I want. This could be
challenging for some of my users and I would rather have iut as
described above.

Hopefully I am describing what I am trying to do. Is this possible and
if so what do I have to do to make it work.

Thanks very much.

--
DewChugr
DewChugr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27405