Buckwheat

Default Inserting Rows w/formulas question

I have created a spreadsheet for the sales people at our company and it seems
to calculate everything fine. My question is, since I only formatted rows 1
- 25 with formulas for each column in those rows, if more rows need to be
inserted once I turn this over to another dept, what can I do now, so that
when they add those extras rows, that the formula for each column will also
be there for those rows?

TIA,
Buckwheat
Gord Dibben

Buckwheat

Any problem with having macros in your workbook?

David McRitchie's Insert Rows and Fill Formulas code will do that.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm

If the column formulas are just a Function like SUM at the bottom you could
use

=SUM(A2:INDEX(A:A,ROW()-1)) A2 so's you can have a column title.

Drag/copy across columns.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 2 May 2005 15:32:01 -0700, Buckwheat
wrote:

I have created a spreadsheet for the sales people at our company and it seems
to calculate everything fine. My question is, since I only formatted rows 1
- 25 with formulas for each column in those rows, if more rows need to be
inserted once I turn this over to another dept, what can I do now, so that
when they add those extras rows, that the formula for each column will also
be there for those rows?

TIA,
Buckwheat

Buckwheat

Gord,

Would it be possible for me to send you my workbook, and you tell me if this
macro would work for me, and possibly help walk me thru it? The bookkeeping
dept wants to start using this program Wed, and I have to get this done
asap...I'm just a beginner at Excel and I've surprised myself even just
getting this far...

Thanks

wrote:

I have created a spreadsheet for the sales people at our company and it seems
to calculate everything fine. My question is, since I only formatted rows 1
- 25 with formulas for each column in those rows, if more rows need to be
inserted once I turn this over to another dept, what can I do now, so that
when they add those extras rows, that the formula for each column will also
be there for those rows?

TIA,
Buckwheat

Gord Dibben

Send away although no promises about getting back to you by Wednesday.

Change the AT and DOT to appropriate characters to reach my email.

Gord

wrote:

I have created a spreadsheet for the sales people at our company and it seems
to calculate everything fine. My question is, since I only formatted rows 1
- 25 with formulas for each column in those rows, if more rows need to be
inserted once I turn this over to another dept, what can I do now, so that
when they add those extras rows, that the formula for each column will also
be there for those rows?

TIA,
Buckwheat

Aladin Akyurek

Buckwheat wrote:
I have created a spreadsheet for the sales people at our company and it seems
to calculate everything fine. My question is, since I only formatted rows 1
- 25 with formulas for each column in those rows, if more rows need to be
inserted once I turn this over to another dept, what can I do now, so that
when they add those extras rows, that the formula for each column will also
be there for those rows?

TIA,
Buckwheat

If you are on Excel 2003, turn the area of interest including the
formula columns into a list using the Data|List|Create List option. The
list functionality will copy down every formula for newly added records.