LoriM

Default auto deleting defined rows

Hello all. I am working with a 20,000 row data spreadsheet. I have a list of
the rows that need to be deleted (i.e., 31, 38, 52, 66, 81, etc.). There is
no pattern to these rows, just bad data rows that need to be removed (2,000
in all).

Is there a way to automatically define which rows to delete? At the moment,
I am manually going through the list and selecting/deleting. I am pretty
green at programming so detailed answers are very much appreciated!

Thank you all for any suggestions.

LoriM
Ron de Bruin

Difficult when there is no pattern

You can Filter, Loop or use Find to delete the rows but you must know the criteria
Look here http://www.rondebruin.nl/delete.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"LoriM" wrote in message ...
Hello all. I am working with a 20,000 row data spreadsheet. I have a list of
the rows that need to be deleted (i.e., 31, 38, 52, 66, 81, etc.). There is
no pattern to these rows, just bad data rows that need to be removed (2,000
in all).

Is there a way to automatically define which rows to delete? At the moment,
I am manually going through the list and selecting/deleting. I am pretty
green at programming so detailed answers are very much appreciated!

Thank you all for any suggestions.

LoriM

Mike

can you create a column and just place an x in the rows that are bad
then sort by the column then all the rows to delete are together.

Before you start you may need to create another column with 1 through 20000
so you can return to your original order after deleting.

"LoriM" wrote:

Hello all. I am working with a 20,000 row data spreadsheet. I have a list of
the rows that need to be deleted (i.e., 31, 38, 52, 66, 81, etc.). There is
no pattern to these rows, just bad data rows that need to be removed (2,000
in all).

Is there a way to automatically define which rows to delete? At the moment,
I am manually going through the list and selecting/deleting. I am pretty
green at programming so detailed answers are very much appreciated!

Thank you all for any suggestions.

LoriM

Colin Vicary

When I've had to do things like this in the past I've found the filter
command quite useful.

If a number of the rows have the same "badness", filter on that and
then delete.

It may not solve you whole problem though.

--
Colin Vicary
Colin Vicary's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10472

LoriM

Thanks so much for all of your help. I ended up going through and placing an
X and then sorting/deleting.

Since this comes up very often for me, I was hoping there was a "quick fix"
but this solution works for me. Thanks!