Jim

Default Deleting unwanted and empty rows....

Hello,

I'm setting up a Sales Journal in Excel. I only need 50-60 rows and the
document I have open and set up has over 65,000 rows. And...of course....the
totals for the columns appear at the very bottom (row 65,000+)

So....how do I get rid of all those rows??? I've tried to highlight and
delete but they don't go away?????

As always....thanks for your help!
--
CWJ

--
CWJ
RWN

They won't "go away".
Each worksheet comes with 65,536 rows and 256 columns.
If you don't use them (formatting as well as putting something in them) your workbook will
ignore them when saving.
In other words Excel will keep track of what you have used.

--
Regards;
Rob
"Jim" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm setting up a Sales Journal in Excel. I only need 50-60 rows and the
document I have open and set up has over 65,000 rows. And...of course....the
totals for the columns appear at the very bottom (row 65,000+)

So....how do I get rid of all those rows??? I've tried to highlight and
delete but they don't go away?????

As always....thanks for your help!
--
CWJ

--
CWJ

CLR

I don't know how your column totals ever to into row 65,000+, that should
have never been. Try highlighting the entire row and Cut and paste it to
one row below your lowest data row............then delete all rows below
that and save the workbook under another name.........then check
things........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Jim" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm setting up a Sales Journal in Excel. I only need 50-60 rows and the
document I have open and set up has over 65,000 rows. And...of

course....the
totals for the columns appear at the very bottom (row 65,000+)

So....how do I get rid of all those rows??? I've tried to highlight and
delete but they don't go away?????

As always....thanks for your help!
--
CWJ

--
CWJ

RWN

Oops!
I skipped the part where you said your totals were on the last row!
Do a Ctrl-End to see where Excel "thinks" your worksheet ends and, as Chuck has noted -
Delete all unused/unwanted rows/columns then immediately save the workbook.
I've seen it posted that you have to close the workbook after this but in my experience
with '97, 2k and '03 saving it was enough.

Sorry for the confusion.
--
Regards;
Rob