RLB

Default How to report value of zero if calculation goes negative

I am doing a simple payroll spreadsheet. Hours Paid and holiday pay weeks
are entered. The holiday pay is calculated on an average of 12 weeks. On
some occasions if an employee leaves, holiday pay taken over the accrued
amount has to be paid back by the employee.

If the holiday pay reclaimed (a negative value) is greater than the hours
paid cost (positive), my spreadsheet needs to show zero and not the negative
result value from the two calcualtions.

E.g. Hours paid cost = £48.50 and holiday pay to be reclaimed is calculated
at -£55.00. When these two cells are added together, the result is a net pay
of -£6.50, but I need this to report £0.00 as a negative net pay is not
possible.

Dana DeLouis

=MAX(Your_Function , 0)

HTH :)