excelnewbie

Default updating source cells

Hi.
I have a spreadsheet where the user selects a product from a dropdown list.
this list is connected to a vlookup that produces a cost (in another cell)
based on the product chosen.
I want the user to be able to update the price list by simply entering a new
price for that product into the cost cell & then have excel save the newly
entered cost back to the worksheet that contains all of the costings.
Is this possible?
Can you help???

Thanks :)
Bernie Deitrick

Hey newbie,

You would need to use the worksheet change event. Post back with:

1) the address of the cells that have the VLOOKUP formulas
2) the VLOOKUP formulas used

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"excelnewbie" wrote in message
Hi.
I have a spreadsheet where the user selects a product from a dropdown list.
this list is connected to a vlookup that produces a cost (in another cell)
based on the product chosen.
I want the user to be able to update the price list by simply entering a new
price for that product into the cost cell & then have excel save the newly
entered cost back to the worksheet that contains all of the costings.
Is this possible?
Can you help???

Thanks :)

excelnewbie

Hi Bernie.
Thanks forthat. Would it be possible for you to give me some idea of what
the written command would look like?

Thanks.