Justin Tyme

Default Data Source Name Not Found

I was sent a spreadsheet SHEET1 constructed under data source name "A". When
I create data source "A" on my machine and click the refresh button, it gives
a "[Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] data source name not found" message.
When I click OK, it gives that message again. When I open another
spreadsheet SHEET2 from the same person, under the same data source name "A",
it refreshes OK under the same circumstances. Also, if I don't create data
source "A" on my machine, and click REFRESH DATA in SHEET1, then I get the
message twice. If I do the same for SHEET2, then I get the message once, but
then I get a "Select Data Source" window, where I can select a data source.
It seems that SHEET1 is behaving differently, and I'm not sure why - you
cannot refresh the data source on any machine other than the one that created
it (at least I assume that is the case, but I'm having them check it out).