Malcolm Agingwell

Default Using Excel 2000 as Data source for Word 2000 document

Problem using Mail Merge using Word 2000 & Excel 2000.
After numerous problems - Word failed to connect to Data Souce file then it
would & then it wouldn't and so on - reasons which are unknown!
The 106 records in 19 fields from the Excel Data Source are only
transferring the information for the first 104 records.
I am looking to add further records but obviously need to overcome this
problem.

CyberTaz

Hi Malcolm-

Obvious, perhaps, but are you certain that the records are in consecutive
rows & no vacant columns separating the fields of data? Does the data range
contain any Merged cells?

If you sort the records in a different order, what happens when you try the
merge in Word? Are there still 2 missing records? If so is it the same two
records or the records in the last 2 rows that are missing?

Rrgards |:)

"Malcolm Agingwell" wrote:

Problem using Mail Merge using Word 2000 & Excel 2000.
After numerous problems - Word failed to connect to Data Souce file then it
would & then it wouldn't and so on - reasons which are unknown!
The 106 records in 19 fields from the Excel Data Source are only
transferring the information for the first 104 records.
I am looking to add further records but obviously need to overcome this
problem.

Malcolm Agingwell

Hi

There must be a bug in my system or something!
On receiving your reply I tried to access all the records again - before
trying what was suggested - and everything worked as it should.

No idea why!

Thanks anyway

Malcolm