excelnewbie

Default Drop Down LIsts

Hey.
I am using several drop down lists in a worksheet.
Some of the drop downs show the items starting at the top of the list,
others start half way through a list.
Can i make then all start with the first item on the list?

Thanks :)

bpeltzer

Is the drop-down list via cell references? To check, click in the first cell
with the drop-down and, from the menu bar, select Data / Validation. On the
Settings tab, does the Allow drop-down say List? If so, what is in the
Source text box? I'm guessing it says something like =C1:C6. If that
validation were autofilled to the next cell down, the next cell's validation
source would be =C2:C7; you're effectively scrolling off the list of values.
To keep from scrolling, change the first cell's validation list source to
absolute references, something like =$C$1:$C$6. Then you can autofill, and
the validation list source will remain constant.

"excelnewbie" wrote:

Hey.
I am using several drop down lists in a worksheet.
Some of the drop downs show the items starting at the top of the list,
others start half way through a list.
Can i make then all start with the first item on the list?

Thanks :)

excelnewbie

Hi bpeltzer.
I have a named array in the source text box rather than just cell references.
The named array has absolute references i.e. $c$1:$c$50
I have several empty cells included in the array to allow for additional
values later.
The cells that have information in them are at the top of the array tho...?

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.