Old May 23rd 20, 09:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to make dependent drop down Lists

Hi, I need to select from drop down lists that need to be interlinked and dependent based on the choice made in the preceding list
Primary List - Coal, Gas Renewables
Coal List – Anthracite, Bituminous, Lignite, Peat
Anthracite List - Hi-grade, Low Grade
Bituminous List – Low Volatile, Medium Volatile, High Volatile
Lignite – No sub list
Peat - No sub list
Gas List - LPG, CNG, LNG
( No other sub lists)
Renewable List – Solar, wind, Hydro, Tidal
Example : If I choose Coal , the next Drop Down List will show the Coal List. From the Coal List, If I Select “Bituminous” then the next drop down list will show the sublist “Low Volatile, Medium Volatile, High Volatile. Now if I select “High Volatile” – the cell takes in the string “High Volatile”
Any help on how to make this happen .

Thanks

Old May 23rd 20, 12:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
A great YouTube video from Leila Gharani on doing this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mo4COng7Sg

Hope this helps
Old May 23rd 20, 04:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

[...]

See here...

https://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
Old May 24th 20, 02:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 4:49:51 PM UTC+5:30, Rob P wrote:
Hi,
A great YouTube video from Leila Gharani on doing this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mo4COng7Sg

Hope this helps

Thanks . Will check