Old December 18th 17, 11:38 AM
Junior Member

Default Multiple Arguments for IF

Unsure if that's what I even need he I have no clue what I'm doing.

I've attached what I'm working on: Basically I need assistance with 2 things-
1) Currently my function in column D is: IF(E15="","Active","Banned")
I'd like an additional option: Blank= Active, Any number = Banned "Perm" = Permed

2) Is there a way to sort the list with Active at top, followed by Banned, and having Permed at the bottom?

Thanks for any help!
Attached Images

Old December 18th 17, 03:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try...

=IF(LEN(E15)=0,"Active",IF(E15="Perm","Permed","Ba nned"))

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
Old June 30th 21, 11:33 AM
Member

Default IFS for multiple Arguments

Hello!

For multiple arguments, we don't really need to use the IF Function, but rather we use the IFS function.

=ifs(logical test 1, value if true 1, logical test 2, value if true 2....)

so through this function, we can use multiple arguments or criteria depending on what you need excel to do for you.

Hope this helps!