-   -   Multiple Arguments for IF (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/453939-multiple-arguments-if.html)

Chelli

Multiple Arguments for IF

1 Attachment(s)
Unsure if that's what I even need he I have no clue what I'm doing.

I've attached what I'm working on: Basically I need assistance with 2 things-
1) Currently my function in column D is: IF(E15="","Active","Banned")
I'd like an additional option: Blank= Active, Any number = Banned "Perm" = Permed

2) Is there a way to sort the list with Active at top, followed by Banned, and having Permed at the bottom?

Thanks for any help!

GS[_6_]

Multiple Arguments for IF

Try...

=IF(LEN(E15)=0,"Active",IF(E15="Perm","Permed","Ba nned"))

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Wilbur Chua

IFS for multiple Arguments

Hello!

For multiple arguments, we don't really need to use the IF Function, but rather we use the IFS function.

=ifs(logical test 1, value if true 1, logical test 2, value if true 2....)

so through this function, we can use multiple arguments or criteria depending on what you need excel to do for you.

Hope this helps!