Junior Member

Default Formula for Date Recognition

I have an excel sheet that is derived from a data base; I do not want to have to manually calculate the start and finish dates for over 1000 line items. I would like a formula for that would identify if a number is in a particular column it applies that date as the start date and the first time the column has no number it applies that as the end date.

I'd want the sheet to automatically detect there is a 1 (or any given number) in U1 and put in P1 Nov-17; then I want it to automatically detect nothing in W1 and put that month or the previous month as the finish date. Lastly I would like R1 to detect what that number is at it. I tried to embed a picture but imagine that my row column P is Start Date, Q is Finish Date, R is Number, and S - W is Month and year in Row 1, in Row 2 - 1000+ is the numbers but I need each line independently calculated because each line represents something independent.

As mentioned I've got over 1000 line items and the numbers and dates vary on each line item. Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you.