Saxman

Default Disable Date Recognition

Is there any way within Excel whereby I can disable date recognition? I
often copy data from an HTML page and paste it into Excel. Even if I
select 'paste special'/'text', I still have problem with data like
10-12, and 5/6.

I can overcome this by importing data/new web query/options/disable date
recognition, but it appears to be a bit long-winded compared to copy/paste.

Thanks.

bill gras

At last another punter !
Lookup "numbers contain hyphens(norman jones)"
in excel.programming , you will find what you are
looking for.Norman has a macro that works perfect.
I'm using it my self

regards Bill Gras

--
bill gras