Saxman

Default Disable Date Recognition?

Is there any way within Excel whereby I can disable date recognition? I
often copy data from an HTML page and paste it into Excel. Even if I
select 'paste special'/'text', I still have problem with data like
10-12, and 5/6.

I can overcome this by importing data/new web query/options/disable date
recognition, but it appears to be a bit long-winded compared to copy/paste.

Thanks.
Bryan Hessey

If you select (highlight) the columns into which you are pasting, and
Format Cells, set format to TEXT, and then Paste Special, Text your
cricket scores should remain intact.

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=392458

Saxman

Bryan Hessey wrote:
If you select (highlight) the columns into which you are pasting, and
Format Cells, set format to TEXT, and then Paste Special, Text your
cricket scores should remain intact.

I tried this yesterday without success and today it works fine! I must
have been doing something wrong!

Thanks.