Junior Member

Location: Lancashire
Default Invisible typing!!

Hi, I use Excel 2003 in Win 7. I use a workbook with multiple worksheets to maintain various records for a Scout Group. On only one sheet, I have suddenly found that, when I type anything into any of the cells (ie letters or numbers) the typing within the cell is invisible until I press Enter or move to another cell. As I type, I can see the narrative in the editing bar (above the columns). I wondered if anyone might advise me how to fix this? It looks as though I have inadvertently created some sort of formatting, but I'm blowed if I know how to correct things!

I have checked:

1 Font colour selection is black and definitely not white!
2 Cell formatting is fine - nothing sinister that I can see.
3 Sheet and book is unprotected (only I ever use it!)

Thanks for any help, it is much appreciated.

Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Mike,

Am Wed, 19 Nov 2014 09:33:14 +0000 schrieb MikeC2909:

1 Font colour selection is black and definitely not white!
2 Cell formatting is fine - nothing sinister that I can see.
3 Sheet and book is unprotected (only I ever use it!)

check Conditional Formatting also and press Alt+F11 to look into the VBA
Editor if there is code that makes this issue.

If you can't find the error send the sheet to me:
claus_busch(at)t-online.de

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional
Junior Member

Location: Lancashire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Busch View Post
Hi Mike,

Am Wed, 19 Nov 2014 09:33:14 +0000 schrieb MikeC2909:

1 Font colour selection is black and definitely not white!
2 Cell formatting is fine - nothing sinister that I can see.
3 Sheet and book is unprotected (only I ever use it!)

check Conditional Formatting also and press Alt+F11 to look into the VBA
Editor if there is code that makes this issue.

If you can't find the error send the sheet to me:
claus_busch(at)t-online.de

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional
Hi Claus, thanks for your help.

I'm not sure what "conditional format" means, and your reference to VBA is, I'm afraid, meaningless to me!!

You asked if I would send the sheet to you - I can't send the entire sheet as there is some information on there that I'd prefer to keep confidential. But, I've copied the rest of the sheet into a new worksheet - and that has the same problem. However, I regret your email address is not being accepted.....

MIke
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Mike,

Am Wed, 19 Nov 2014 13:00:50 +0000 schrieb MikeC2909:

You asked if I would send the sheet to you - I can't send the entire
sheet as there is some information on there that I'd prefer to keep
confidential. But, I've copied the rest of the sheet into a new
worksheet - and that has the same problem. However, I regret your email
address is not being accepted.....

you have to replace (at) with @

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Mike

Am Wed, 19 Nov 2014 16:18:21 +0000 schrieb MikeC2909:

A public thank you for your help, Claus. Now sorted.

always glad to help. You are welcome

Regards
Claus B.